Virtual dental care has evolved. Mainstream acceptance and usage allows teledentistry best-practices to increase year to year.
Best-practices are emerging around a few core areas of dental practice life.
- Implementation and the overall UX (User Experience)
- Improving patient relationships
- Marketing the technology’s benefits for a more consistent ROI
- Team support and innovation synergy
Let’s explore each of these best-practice zones featured in related content we’ve published in recent months.
Teledentistry best-practices that are helping shape a new-era of virtual dentistry
Refine your teledentistry implementation process and UX
Implementing teledentistry in your dental practice or DSO raises three key questions for you to answer:
- 1-How can you expand your patient care into the virtual space?
- 2-What does virtual dental care look like in your environment?
- 3-What technology should you invest in to provide virtual care to your patients?
Each question helps you know and understand your “why” around virtual dental care. Having a clearly defined “why” will help you answer the above questions.
- Decide about your software. Your platform should be secure, compliant (HIPAA), comprehensive, scalable, and dedicated to virtual care.
- Promote your teledentistry services in a way that aligns with your services, practice culture, team synergy, and desired patient experience.
- Follow a proven and sustainable path for implementation - setup, training, ongoing evaluation.
Your overall UX (User Experience) will be as effective as it is sustainable. Teledentistry isn’t likely to go anywhere but forward as technology advances around the service.
A sustainable UX can include:
- Appointment scheduling that evolves around automated and online scheduling options.
- Technology alignment that confirms usage is secure and compliant.
- Ongoing education about teledenistry’s benefits, user FAQs, etc.
Explore the teledentistry implementation process and sustainable UX benefits in the following best-practice content:
Improve your dental patient relationships through meeting their expectations
Your patient’s expectations - like those of consumers - typically revolve around…
- A timely experience
Teledentistry meets those expectations. While the average dental patient will perhaps continue to desire in-person visits, having another option acknowledges their embrace of technology.
- Maximize convenience through providing virtual visit options tailored to patient requests and/or digital preferences.
- Monitor patient satisfaction in the virtual care experience through post-visit surveys, online review comments, and team feedback.
- Maintain your teledentistry momentum by upgrading your technology, accessibility, and online security assurance.
Virtual dental care has the capacity to transform your patient relationships across demographics and around common challenges.
Discover more patient-centric teledentistry benefits in these best-practice resources:
Create a compelling marketing strategy for your teledentistry services
Increased public interest (and curiosity) in virtual dental care is good reason to provide the services. Once you make the leap into teledentistry it’s further essential that you promote it consistently.
The core patient benefits are prime themes for your teledentistry marketing strategies.
- Care access
- Care efficiency
Align those themes with three compelling strategies for marketing your virtual care services.
- 1-Give teledentistry a prominent and informative place on your dental practice website.
- 2-Answer common questions about teledentistry with useful content on your dental practice blog, emails, and social media channels.
- 3-Highlight (with permission) dental patient reviews that provide favorable experiences related to teledentistry.
Build a compelling “story” that helps drive interest in your virtual dentistry environment. Explore best-practice marketing tips and ROI perspective here:
Enable synergy between teledentistry and your provider networks
Is it covered? That’s a common question around teledentistry.
The primary answer is - “yes!” Even so, it’s best to understand the related factors.
- State laws and guidelines
- Insurance provider requirements
- Patient policy allowances
From Medicare to a list of common providers you’ll want to have a best-practice mindset as you launch or expand your virtual dental care services.
The following resources will help you navigate the questions and qualifications as you seek synergy between your teledentistry services and your provider networks:
Follow teledentistry best-practices on a proven and dedicated teledentistry software platform
Teledentix is an innovative, turn-key teledentistry solution created by Virtual Dental Care. The all-in-one platform will enable you to adapt teledentistry to your patient care and extend your services beyond the walls of your dental practice…and improve your patient care in the process.
- Teledentix provides an easy-to-use video conferencing tool that’s secure, HIPAA compliant, and specific to dentistry.
- Teledentix Basic is a perfect starting point. Begin with a free trial and then transition to a very low monthly fee. You and your patients can join unlimited video conferences including screen-share, file-share, video-share, and real-time chat communications.
LEARN MORE about the Teledentix platform.